Best Of SXSW Austin Wine Service & Dining
In Austin for the always insane SXSW Interactive, which now includes expansive food and beverage programming, there was not sufficient brain power or time for a proper tasting. Also, as always, I enjoyed a good selection of wine lists and experiences.
- Chez Nous - Small and fun, encouraging your French experimentation with several by the glass choices.
- Second Bar + Kitchen
- Max's Wine Dive - Good opportunities to try bottles that were opened the day before, but larger pours would be even more attractive.
- Vince Young Steakhouse
- Carmelo’s - Fast, frequent, and everyone is smiling.
- Chez Nous - Service from five people in a small, cozy space. Accommodating and on-point.
- Second Bar + Kitchen - Great from the start, when the hostess noticed the table wobbled and worked on the base until it was balanced.
- Biscuits & Groovy - Service from a food trailer? A great display of anticipation, from what to eat, to where to find coffee around the corner.
- Old Pecan Street Cafe - They were happy to seat and serve us five minutes before close.
- Chez Nous - Lyonnaise salad with bacon, lamb chops with white bean ragu, French wine and service. The Profiterolles dessert is special. Their "coffee" is a bold Americano, even to go.
- Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken - Having dined at multiple locations, this is second only to the Memphis original. Crisp and spicy!
- Biscuits & Groovy - Gloria Gaynor. Johnny Hash. Creative, cool, and delicious.
- Easy Tiger - A fabulous chocolate almond pastry, filled with almond cream in the bake shop for breakfast. The beer garden for later.
- Vince Young Steakhouse - It is difficult to beat a well-stocked bar and prime beef.